Pocket Life Pty Limited (Company) is committed to dealing with users' personal information in accordance with the National Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000.
The Company collects personal information about you in order to provide the location and social networking services through its Pocket Life application.
The type of personal information the Company collects includes your name, address, telephone numbers, location (ie your then-current and earlier locations), and other information submitted by you through the Pocket Life application.
The personal information the Company collects about you may be used for purposes connected with our business operations, including:
- the proper operation of the Pocket Life system;
- send you notifications regarding new services offered by the Company;
- carrying out market and product analysis and marketing products and services of the Company, its related bodies corporate and third parties;
- contacting you, whether through the Pocket Life application or otherwise, about our group companies' products and services
The Company also may use your personal information for purposes related to those described above which would be reasonably expected by you.
The Company may not use customer personal information for any other purposes unless it has obtained the customer's consent, or unless it is required for legal, governmental or regulatory reasons, or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution.
By using the Pocket Life application, you agree to the Company's uses of your personal information set out in this policy.
Provided your privacy settings permit, the Company will make available;
- your name in search results in the Pocket Life application; and
- your personal information to other Pocket Life users that are registered as your "friends" (Friends); and
- your location information to those of your Friends that you selected for this purpose.
The Company also may disclose or receive personal information or documents about you to/from:
- service providers to assist the Company in bringing you the Pocket Life services;
- network providers and other potential third party advertisers, and their agencies;
- law enforcement agencies to assist in the prevention of criminal activities; and
- credit providers and fraud checking agencies.
We will not disclose your personal information to these third parties unless:
- they have agreed in writing with the Company to keep the information confidential;
- they are subject to obligations to protect your personal information; or
- you consent to the disclosure.
You consent to the Company using and disclosing this information in these ways, and you reveal your location at your own risk.
The Company cannot control the conduct of other Pocket Life users with whom you choose to share your information. Although the Company allows you to set privacy options, no security measure is perfect or impenetrable. The Company is not liable for any use of your personal or location information by your Friends or anyone else who obtains this information through Pocket Life.
If you use the Pocket Life application to invite someone to use the application, the Company will obtain from you information needed to send the invitation, such as the person's email address or mobile phone number. The Company will send on your behalf to the person one email or SMS invitation and reminders from time to time to visit the Pocket Life web site or download the Pocket Life application, and will store the person's information for this purpose and to:
- register the person if they accept the invitation; and
- monitor the effectiveness of the invitation program.
By registering with Pocket Life, you also agree:
- to receive future updates and receive third party commercial messages and marketing material in electronic or printed form (Commercial Messages), and agree that the Company may collect and use information (including information it already holds) concerning your age, gender, billing or contact address and other known mobile use and behaviour to customise Pocket Life and develop and send you Commercial Messages which the Company feels are relevant to you;
- that the Company may customise Pocket Life and develop and send you Commercial Messages which are relevant to your physical location; in order to do so you agree that the Company will need to identify your physical location from time to time. You agree the Company may use information it holds and collects about you and your mobile use and behaviour to identify the location of your mobile device and therefore your personal physical location or location patterns;
- that the Company does not need to provide you with an opt out facility in each Commercial Message. You may opt out at any time by emailing your phone number to email@example.com
- all marketing and promotions in Pocket Life and the Commercial Messages will be for 3rd party products and services. The Company will not be liable for any errors, misdescriptions or inaccuracies contained in them.
You can control most of your personal information through the editing tools in the Pocket Life application; changes made by you in this way will be implemented immediately.
The Company takes reasonable steps to ensure that other personal information collected, used or disclosed is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
You can access much of your personal information held by the Company through the Pocket Life application.
Upon your request, the Company will provide access to other personal information it holds, except in certain prescribed circumstances, including emergency situations, specified business imperatives and law enforcement or other public interests.
If you would like to amend, correct, update or remove your personal information, or have any queries or concerns, please contact the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org.
language version shall prevail to the extent that such discrepancy is the result of an error in translation.
Copyright © 2010 Pocketweb Ltd. All rights reserved.
106 Brownston Street